Brochure for the Lady Travis House, April 1, 1931. The Travis House Restaurant opened on July 3, 1930. A popular restaurant for tourists in the 1930s, the Travis House stood for a number of years on Duke of Gloucester Street at the foot of Palace Green. In the 1960s it moved to its original location at the northeast corner of Francis and Henry Street and is now offices for Colonial Williamsburg. -- Corporate Archives Collections.
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
117MB (2921 x 6677)